Our library is connected to other libraries throughout the state. If you can't find an item in this library, ask library staff to help you get it from another library.
Greene Public Library Inter-library Loan (ILL) policies and procedures:
- A material request can be made to any librarian on duty who will then attempt a title, author or subject search on the State of Iowa Libraries On-line (SILO).
- When the material arrives, the patron will be notified immediately. Please make every effort to pick the item up as soon as possible since there is a time limit on how long you can keep the item.
- Materials may be kept as long as the lending library allows. Permission for renewal must be made to the lending library by library staff.
- There is no fee for this service.
- Patrons are strongly encouraged to pick up any ILL requests. If a borrowed book is not picked up, the patron will be discouraged against any further ILL requests.
- Patrons in this great state of Iowa are so fortunate to be able to have free access to such an outstanding service!
NOTE: Books less then a year old are typically not available for inter-library loan.
If you would like to submit a request online, please fill out the form below and we will contact you regarding your request. Or, you may contact us by phone at 641.816.4803.