Friends of the Library
The Friends of the Library is a group of community-minded individuals who support the library. Meetings are held monthly to discuss projects, programs, fundraisers, and more. New members are always welcome!
The purposes of the Friends of the Library are:
- To build a greater realization of the importance of the library to the continued development of our community
- To raise funds to be used by the library for activities and purchases not covered by the library's operating budget.
- To provide volunteer support throughout the year as needed.
- Sponsor adult and children's programming such as book signings, classes, story hour, and summer reading program entertainment and prizes.
- Purchase of specialized children's materials such as book bags, juvenile books, parenting materials, and educational videos.
- Establish on-going fund raisers such as the sale of a series of Red Wing pottery pieces, a Christmas Open House or other seasonal events.
- Purchase of new computers
- Landscaping maintenance
Meetings are held the 1st Wednesday of the month at 4:00 p.m. in the library's meeting room.
President: LeAnn McRoberts
Vice President: Rita Barth
Secretary: Tanya Yerkes
Treasurer: MaryAnn Vickers/Cynthia Siemons
Library Liason: Lyndsie Pitzenberger
If you are interested in joining the Friends of the Greene Public Library, you can submit the following form online! Please contact the library at 641-816-5642 if you would like more information or to obtain a paper application.