The Following Audiovisual Equipment is Available for Check Out
- Carousel Projector
- Centennial Slides
- Cassette Voice Recorder
- CD Player
- Cassette/Player Recorder
The Greene Public Library Special Equipment Policy
- The equipment is available to a responsible adult 18 years or older: a. with a knowledgeable background of the use and care of the equipment patron is requesting to use or check out b. having a current card from the Greene Public Library c. for individual or organizational needs
- Any request for this equipment may be accepted or denied by the library director. Any such decision shall be held to be granted or denied by the Board of Trustees. a. Acceptance does not indicate an endorsement of the organization by the Greene Public Library, but does indicate an objective attitude for socially useful and cultural activities. b. Denial- a request for reconsideration must be filed with the Board of Trustees in written form.
- The borrower must sign a responsibility form for the equipment received. The borrower is responsible for any loss or damage and this responsibility does not end until the material has been returned, inspected, and the borrower's responsibility card signed by the librarian on duty.
- The usual loan period will be one library day. Adjustments for weekends, holidays, and special needs of the patron must be made at the time the equipment is booked. The equipment must be returned on date and time marked due for inspection and use by other patrons.
- The equipment may be booked ahead by the librarian on duty. A separate programming catalog will be maintained. Large organizations will normally receive priority over individuals, but generally a first-come-first-served plan will be followed.
There is no fee for eligible patrons. However, any loss or damage to equipment while in the borrower's possession will be charged to the borrower for the full repair or replacement cost.
- May be done in person at the circulation desk during normal library hours
- Over the phone, call 641.816.5642
- by email to the director
Pick-up and Return of Equipment
All equipment is to be checked-out and returned to the circulation desk during normal library hours.