Greene Public Library Computers and Internet Access
- All users must be registered borrowers with a library card in good standing.
- When signing up for Internet access, please read these rules and procedures and fill out and sign the registration form. Internet users under age 18 must co-sign with parent/guardian.
- All users must check in with the library staff before using the Internet.
- Public access to the Internet is provided by the library as an educational and informational resource for the community. Use of the library Internet access should be consistent with this policy.
- Misuse of the computer or Internet access will result in loss of computer privileges.
- Printer paper using only black toner costs $.10 per sheet. Color prints cost anywhere from $.15 per sheet to $1.00 per sheet, depending upon the amount of color, with the decision of cost being made by the librarian.
- Because of time constraints, library staff can not provide instruction in the use of Internet or specific software. The staff may, however, be able to offer searching suggestions and answer some questions. Internet reference books are available for your use.
- The Internet access computers may be used for a maximum of one hour per day per individual. No more than two persons at a time may use the computer.
- Computer sessions end 15 minutes before closing time.
Updated and approved November 2, 2006.
Free Internet and educational computer game access for children is available at the station located next to the children's section of the library.